Emmaus is an SBC church not because of tradition, but rather conviction.
I answered and asked what was going on but I already knew what this call meant. I dropped the phone and experienced the most sudden and intense grief I ever had. At 6 years old, my beautiful niece had passed away.
It is said that whenever Christians gather you know there will be food. Ask any Southern Baptist about their after-service potluck and you’ll hear stories about how they ate so much of Miss May’s sweet apple pie that they thought they were going to explode.
If we truly want to see churches multiplied, then we must see pastors multiplied. Churches need pastors who will sacrificially and passionately lead them to know, love, and share Jesus.
Spurgeon recognized that all followers of Christ are called to ministry, but some are called to pastoral ministry, which requires a level of commitment not common to everyone else.
More Emmaus Blog Posts
- Looking to Sunday – August 20th August 15, 2017
- Announcements from Sunday, August 13 August 14, 2017
- 7 Things I’m Excited About at Emmaus Church Right Now August 11, 2017
- Why We Are Southern Baptist August 9, 2017
- Announcements from Sunday, August 6 August 8, 2017