Every Sunday we share a few announcements for both Emmaus members and non-members. On Monday, we feature those announcements and at times, a few more. Read below to keep up-to-date on all things Emmaus!
Following our Residents Series, we’ll begin preaching through the book of Jonah!
KIDS MINISTRY TRAINING
For those already volunteering with Emmaus Kids OR for those who want to begin serving in that area, plan to attend a mandatory Emmaus Kids training. Signups and time coming soon!
HELP EMMAUS MOVE TO NORTH KANSAS CITY
Below is a schedule of the big move to North Kansas City! Members, we NEED your help. Make every effort to attend each event.
- July 8 – Trial Setup #1 // 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- If you are in the band, production team, setup team, or hospitality team, then this day is for you as we practice what it will be like to setup and tear down our worship center in NKC! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- July 8 – Canvas North Kansas City // 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- We need ALL HANDS ON DECK! Join us as we go to North Kansas City, inviting people to join us on July 23rd. Stay after for a picnic lunch! Sign up coming shortly.
- July 16 – Moving Day // 12 – 3 p.m.
- Wear your work clothes to church and stay with us after church for pizza and moving! We will have a few moving trucks to load and you can help us load everything onto trucks, take it to NKC and unload it into our new kids space!
- July 17 – 21 Kids Setup
- Throughout this week, Tabitha will be setting up our kids space to have it ready for our first Sunday. If you would like to help Tabitha please email her at Tabitha@emmauskc.com
- July 22 – Trial Setup #2 // TBD time
- July 23 – First Sunday in NKC
- Please make plans to join us for our first Sunday in NKC! This will be a week to remember in the life of our church. This is also the perfect opportunity to invite friends to join you at Emmaus.
VOLUNTEER AT EMMAUS
If you are a member regular attender, we want to invite you to join us in our mission of taking the life-giving, joy-producing gospel of Jesus to our city. Here are some extremely practical ways you can help:
- Emmaus Kids – With an increase in space we anticipate an increase in the number of people attending our weekend gatherings, which means we will need more people to help us declare and display the gospel to our children. There is not a more important role in the ministry life of our church than the role which spends itself teaching our children about the wonders of Jesus. Please contact Tabitha Rainwater (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining our kids team!
- Production – There may be no team more undervalued than our production team. You might not even realize they’re there unless something with our sound or screens go wrong. This is an essential behind-the scenes role in our church and it is a job that anyone can be trained to do. Contact Shawn Cantrell (email@example.com) for more information.
- Hospitality – This team puts full emphasis on making guests and members feel loved. If you want to display the gospel through the welcoming of guests and members, then email Kyler Keith, Director of Hospitality.
- Setup – Our new location is a semi-permanent location, which means that on Sunday mornings we will be setting up and tearing down our band, sound, and guest services each week. We are creating an entire new team of volunteers to arrive early and serve all of our weekend attenders by making sure that our gathering site is ready for members and guests to join us! If you are interested in our serving our church through this avenue then please contact Ruthie Cantrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lake Sallateeska, Illinois // July 16-21
SAVE THE DATE! More info coming soon. This camp is for youth in 6th – 12th grade.