Every Sunday we share a few announcements for both Emmaus members and non-members. On Monday, we feature those announcements and at times, a few more. Read below to keep up-to-date on all things Emmaus!
A Brief Word from Pastor Joshua
Emmaus, between now and July 23 we are sure to find ourselves busier than ever as a church. Making a move to a new location, setting our feet into the NKC community, and ensuring that we are prepared to declare and display the gospel in every area of our church and our lives is not an easy task. We have work to do. We have prayer to pray. We have souls to see saved.
I am asking you to join our pastors and our staff in an all-out commitment between now and July to help us make the move, display the gospel to our community, and be equipped to be the best stewards of the gospel we can be in North Kansas City and the greater Northland.
Below you will find several announcements that include Members Meeting, Training Days, Community Canvas, and Northland Neighborhood Day. These are all key events in the future of Emmaus as we seek to declare and display the gospel. Please read these carefully and make them a priority in your summer where applicable.
Lastly, some of you are new members and you have yet to plug into a regular area of service. Some of you have been members for a while and have recently been on a sabbatical of sorts from consistent serving. We know that serving the church is a sacrifice for your family. All of our leaders except for me are fully volunteer as you are. But we truly believe there is nothing more eternally valuable than our earthly families giving of ourselves to serve our faith family to bring more into the family. As your elders, we are asking you to step up over the next few weeks and join us in an all-out blitz of gospel saturation for our community.
We love you, and we cannot wait to see how God is going to be glorified and churches multiplied as we work together to declare and display the gospel.
Sunday, June 25 // 4 – 6 p.m.
Emmaus Members — plan to attend a members meeting in a few weeks! We’ll discuss our all you need to know for our move to NKC, a proposal from your elders about a change to our ecclesiology in the area of church government, a challenge from your elders over the next 6 months, and spend time praying for Emmaus and our community.
Childcare will not be provided for this meeting.
EMMAUS TRAINING DAYS
July 8 OR July 22
If we are serious about wanting to declare and display the gospel to all who would join our gatherings on Sundays, then we must be serious about being equipped to serve to the best of our ability.
On July 8 and July 22, we are offering mandatory training opportunities for everyone who serves in the following teams: Kids, Hospitality, Production, and Worship.
Please use this registration form to sign up for your teams training on one of the two days: https://form.jotform.us/71624735307153
Hospitality and Kids training will be 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Production and Worship Training will be 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Saturday, July 8 // 10 a.m. – noon
If you are not signed up for Emmaus Training Day on July 8, plan to join us in North Kansas City from 10 a.m. – noon as we canvas NKC, inviting our community to join us on July 23 for our first Sunday!
Community Canvas is a perfect opportunity for your family to serve together as we go door to door to simply hand out an invitation. This is an incredibly important part of our connection with the community as we make the move. Please make it a priority to join us if you are not already a part of Emmaus Training Day on July 8.
Sign up here: https://form.jotform.us/71624382607154
NORTHLAND NEIGHBORHOOD DAY
Saturday, July 22 // 9 – 11:30 a.m.
On July 22 we have the opportunity to partner with the 2007 class of North Kansas City High School as they celebrate their 10 year reunion by participating in Northland Neighborhood Day (NND)
NND begins at 9am and will last until 11:30 and is followed by lunch. NND is a morning of community service in North Kansas City alongside the alumni of NKCHS. This is a great opportunity for us to serve NKC side-by-side with others from our community.
More information will be shared about this in the coming weeks and sign-ups will open up on July 10th.
Sunday, July 16
July 16 is our LAST SUNDAY IN PARKVILLE! Following the service, enjoy pizza provided by Emmaus, and help move all of our church supplies and furniture from Parkville to NKC! If you’ll commit to helping us, it should only take 2 hours.
Sign up here (so we know how much pizza to buy!): https://form.jotform.us/71624928207156
*If you have small children, you may consider just one adult helping us move and the other taking the children home as there will be no childcare provided.
FAMILY EQUIPPING – coming this fall
We recently brought Ben Klar on as our Director of Family Equipping. We can’t wait to launch this fall with things such as:
– Family Sermon Guides
– Family Catechisms
– 3rd-5th Grade Ministry
+ more! Details to come soon.
VOLUNTEER AT EMMAUS
If you are a member regular attender, we want to invite you to join us in our mission of taking the life-giving, joy-producing gospel of Jesus to our city. Here are some extremely practical ways you can help:
- Worship —We’re in need of more musicians! If you play bass or electric guitar, consider joining the worship team. If you’re interested and want more information, email Sam Parkison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Emmaus Kids – With an increase in space we anticipate an increase in the number of people attending our weekend gatherings, which means we will need more people to help us declare and display the gospel to our children. There is not a more important role in the ministry life of our church than the role which spends itself teaching our children about the wonders of Jesus. Please contact Tabitha Rainwater (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining our kids team!
- Production – You might not even realize they’re there unless something with our sound or screens go wrong. This is an essential behind-the scenes role in our church and it is a job that anyone can be trained to do. Contact Shawn Cantrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Hospitality – This team puts full emphasis on making guests and members feel loved. If you want to display the gospel through the welcoming of guests and members, then email Kyler Keith, Director of Hospitality (email@example.com).
- Setup – Our new location is a semi-permanent location, which means that on Sunday mornings we will be setting up and tearing down our band, sound, and guest services each week. We are creating an entire new team of volunteers to arrive early and serve all of our weekend attenders by making sure that our gathering site is ready for members and guests to join us! If you are interested in our serving our church through this avenue then please contact Ruthie Cantrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Next Sunday, we’ll begin preaching through the book of Jonah!
Lake Sallateeska, Illinois // July 16-21
SAVE THE DATE! More info coming soon. This camp is for youth in 6th – 12th grade.