1. Community Groups – With nearly 30 new participants in the last three weeks, we are starting new groups, reorganizing some old ones and gearing up for gospel-community that transforms lives!
2. Men and Women’s Mentoring – Last spring we held our first semester of Women’s Mentoring with over 30 women meeting in groups of 3-4 to study scripture together. This fall we are launching into it again, but also starting men’s groups!
3. Family Equipping – This fall we will begin to expand our intentionality in equipping families to make disciples. Expanded kids ministry (including 3rd-5th grade) and intentional sermon helps and catechisms for conversation between parents and kids are going to boost our process of making disciples.
4. Hospitality – This week I have had four people tell me they visited Emmaus and where greated with such hospitality that they aren’t going anywhere else. From warm greetings in the lobby to friendly faces in worship to invitations to lunch and to community groups by members, these four (and many more) have felt the hospitable grace of Jesus.
5. Gospel conversations – I won’t share specifics for the privacy of those still in these conversations, but we’ve had more post-service gospel conversations with unbelievers over the last month than in the two years prior. God is calling the lost to come, and our members are sharing Christ!
6. Church Planting – Emmaus has officially launched 2 church planting partnerships: Genoa, Italy and Seattle, Wash. May God save people, and may healthy churches be planted!
7. Refugee Ministry – This fall, Emmaus members are setting out to love, serve and disciple refugees in our city through ESL, tutoring and soccer. Pray with us for the nations to hear the gospel here in our own city!